That saying about “summer bodies are made in winter” is such a far cry from what really happens during winter time. Que Vegetable Soups!!
You might think that eating bowls of delicious soup might help me in this regard, however, too much hot chocolate and sweets and puddings and pastas might bring me as far from that statement as can be…
Still, I feel a bit better when I can indulge guilt free and this recipe of Broccoli and Cauliflower Soup is exactly that.
If you are following the carb free, high fat lifestyle you might find a liking in this here soup recipe – after all, it is made with blended broccoli, cauliflower, parsley and celery – served with fried coconut and parmesan crusted mozzarella sticks, with a good dollop of sour cream. Perfection!
Nothing beats the winter chill like a good bowl of soup.
You can serve it with crusty bread if you like carbs or add your choice of roast meat to this meal for the caveman. Check out my roundup I did a couple of months back for the perfect Soup recipes. Have a good week!
|Prep Time||5 min|
|Cook Time||20 min|
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- handful fresh parsley chopped
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 head of broccoli florets removed and washed
- 1 head of cauliflower florets removed and washed
- cooking oil to fry mozzarella sticks
- salt and black pepper to season
- 8 thick slices mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 large egg whisked
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- sour cream to serve
- First off in a deep saucepan, heat the butter and saute the celery and parsley.
- Add the vegetable stock and the broccoli and cauliflower and boil until soft.
- Transfer to a food processor and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- In a small pot, heat the cooking oil.
- Transfer each mozzarella stick into a bowl and cover with coconut flour, dip in the whisked egg and transfer to a bowl with the parmesan and desiccated coconut.
- Make sure the cheese is covered with crumbs.
- Using a slotted spoon, fry the cheese in the hot oil until golden – remove with slotted spoon unto paper towel.
- Serve soup with mozzarella sticks and sour cream.