The last couple of weeks has been really challenging for me. I don’t want to blabber all about myself and my issues here, but guys, what is up with the escalating food prices these days?
There was this convo on Twitter the other day, about how little groceries my weekly budget now allows me to get. And it’s frightening…
On top of that, I’m working on Aninas Recipes new website, and copying 400 recipes from one platform to another has had me in tears, more than once. But in between all the ugly cries, I guess it has to be done and hopefully by the end of the month, you’ll be able to see it all in it’s full glory. And by then, I might be an alcoholic…
Also, I have to start packing as we are moving at the end of the month too… Please send all the virtual tequila and frozen meals my way please.
One thing that’s been a highlight for me though, is that I’ve finally reached my goal weight!! I guess slaving away on my spinning bike and nearly killing myself with yoga every day makes it a bit easier.
And then of course there is this amazing low carb salad of Roasted Butternut and Beetroot with Feta and Nuts. I love butternut in a salad, I have this recipe on the blog from long ago, but the overall feel is the same.
I hope you guys are staying ahead of all your challenges this week. I also hope deep down inside that you’ll try this easy, wholesome salad and that you’ll feel super motivated and inspired. Have a good one!
|Prep Time||5 min|
|Cook Time||50 min|
- 1 butternut seeds removed and sliced
- 4 beets peeled and quartered
- 15 ml olive oil
- salt and black pepper to season
- 2 wheels danish feta
- handful mixed herbs
- 2 cups fresh rocket leaves
- In an oven safe roasting tray, arrange the sliced butternut and beetroot.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season.
- Cover the tray with foil and roast in the oven for 40 minutes on 180 degrees Celsius.
- After roasting time, remove the foil and place back in the oven for another 10 min to get the delicious roasting colours going.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- On a salad platter, arrange the rocket leaves and top with butternut and beets.
- Finish it off with a generous amount of feta and nuts.
It will be one of my salads for christmas