I have fallen in love with the combination of Coconut and Almonds. It just tastes like heaven in your mouth. These delicious sweet treats are so delectable and incredibly easy to make. We all need a little sweetness in our lives every now and then, right?
They consist of a coconut and almond crumble base, made from a simply cookie dough recipe, topped with runny chocolate ganache and coconut flakes. You can add more chopped nuts on top of the chocolate if you want, and by roasting the coconut flakes you can deepen the coconut flavor.
All I know is that these bars are utterly addicting and I am sure it will be a big hit over the festive season. And it is almost Friday – get your baking on this weekend!
I think these Coconut and Almond Chocolate Bars are the perfect cheat. I hope you get to try it out this weekend! Almost there guys!
You can also hide this sneaky treat in hubby’s lunchbox!
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||20 min|
- 125 gr butter softened
- 250 gr flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch salt
- 150 gr sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- 50 gr desiccated coconut
- handful almonds chopped
- 80 ml cream
- 150 gr chocolate bar
- coconut flakes to serve
- In a mixing bowl, rub the butter and flour together. Add the baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with the essence.
- . Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix.
- Add the coconut and almonds and push the dough into a baking tray. I used a tray of 19 x 27cm.
- Bake the dough at 180 degrees Celsius for 15 – 20min until it turns golden brown. Remove from oven and leave to cool.
- In a double boiler, heat the cream and chocolate until incorporated, pour over the cooled biscuit and refrigerate.
- After it has cooled, you can now cut your bars, the chocolate can still be a little runny, so it might get a bit messy when you cut. Top with coconut flakes.