Summer is in full swing here in South Africa and it’s hard to imagine living in the northern parts of the world where winter stretches over more than half the year.
Here by us, it is all about sunshine, swimming and grilling. If you’ve had one of those weekends, a simple and easy dinner idea is needed when the new week hits.
This recipe is probably the simplest way to enjoy crunchy vegetables – plainly put – throw all your ingredients in a wok and most of the work is already done.
I love combining colourful vegetables for this plate of goodness. I used purple cabbage, carrots, pineapple and a zucchini or two I had limping around in the fridge. So you can say I cleaned my fridge out real good. That’s what it’s all about.
Crunchy vegetables goodness…
Mondays don’t have to be hard.
This recipe of Easy Vegetarian Stir Fry is one of those recipes that’ll make Mondays worth it. Not only is stir fry meals healthy, comforting and filling – the time spent in the kitchen is the key, right? Have a good week, all!
|Prep Time||5 min|
|Cook Time||10 min|
- 2 cups purple cabbage shredded
- 1 cup green cabbage shredded
- 4 carrots peeled and sliced
- 2 zucchini sliced
- 1 pineapple cored, peeled and chopped
- 15 ml olive oil
- 2 stalks lemongrass chopped
- 2 bird eye chili finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 2 cups cooked noodles
- onion sprouts to garnish
- First off, heat the wok and add the vegetables, oil, lemongrass, chilli, garlic and ginger.
- Saute for a few minutes until the vegetables start to soften.
- Add the oyster sauce, soy sauce, vinegar and stock. Remove from heat and allow to cook through.
- Serve with cooked noodles and garnish with onion sprouts.