For months now I have been wanting to make a really delicious banting friendly dessert. Being the chocoholic that I am, I tend to always “cheat” with chocolate, as this is my ultimate weakness. This Mascarpone, Nut and Berry Layered Dessert, however, turned out so good. A great banting friendly and low carb dessert if I have to say so myself!
My job doesn’t really help either guys. Sometimes I have to test recipes full of carbs and sugar. Poor me, right! Leftovers are usually left in my fridge for us to eat after styling and photographing it. Let us just say, I have very lucky neighbours!
A Festive Dessert
With the festive season approaching, I decided to make an incredibly easy and super delectable banting dessert for Christmas day. The family will love it! You can make this dessert for any special occasion. Impress the crowd next time you have them around for a feast.
Packed with Goodness
This Mascarpone, Berry and Nut Layered dessert, consists of crumbed coconut biscuits, layered with vanilla whipped mascarpone cheese, fresh berries and chopped nuts. Pretty simple, put packs a great flavour punch. The freshness of the berries is just perfect to cut through the creaminess of the cheese. The nuts and coconut biscuits brings texture and crunch to the dish, with all the goodness that comes with these nutrient dense ingredients.
You can bake the coconut banting cookies before hand, then on the day, simply layer your banting layer dessert and keep it refrigerated before the crowds arrive. Easy peasy!!
And there you have it! Your banting Christmas sorted!
It is simple, looks gorgeous but most of all tastes amazing, sure to wow your guests out of oblivion! Have a good one!
|Prep Time||20 min|
|Cook Time||15 min|
- 6 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons dessicated coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 teaspoons xylitol
- 500 gr mascarpone cheese
- 2 vanilla pods seeds scraped down
- 2 cups strawberries sliced
- 2 cups fresh cherries
- 1 cup mixed nuts chopped
- First off, make the coconut cookies by combining the coconut flour, desiccated coconut, baking powder, butter and xylitol until you have a manageable dough.
- Roll small balls, arrange it in a prepared baking tin, press down on the cookies and bake until golden for 12 – 15 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius. Set aside.
- With an electric hand mixer, whip the mascarpone with vanilla seeds until fluffy. Set aside.
- In medium sized tumbler glasses, layer the dessert.
- Start with the crumbed coconut cookies first, then mascarpone, berries, nuts. Repeat.
- End off with more mascarpone and fresh berries.