I don’t know. I think these wraps need to be called clean-out-your-fridge-wraps. It’s literally what I did with this one. Sometimes it’s a good thing. You know, to clean out your fridge. Go, do it – you’ll feel better…
Wraps must be one of the most versatile “ingredients” out there. Just fill and stuff it with anything and everything you have. My Mushroom, Cheddar and Corn Wraps consists of garlic sauteed mushrooms, combined with the usual salad suspects like lettuce and tomato, cheddar cheese, a delicious chilli mayonnaise, corn and pico de gallo salsa.
This here wrap is also vegetarian, and being whole wheat it actually does make me feel less guilty eating carbs. Be sure to serve these fresh with loads of coriander and mouthwatering chilli mayonnaise.
What do you like to use as filling for wraps?
Have you seen this Chorizo and Sweet Potato Wrap with Mint and Yoghurt dressing or this easy Chicken and Mayo Wrap. This Chicken and Sun dried Tomato Wrap is one of my favorites as well. Hope you enjoy this easy, fuss free dinner idea. Have a good one!
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||5 min|
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 cups mushrooms chopped
- 2 whole wheat wraps
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 tomato sliced
- 2 tablespoons grated carrot
- 1 corn on the cob kernels removed
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- handful fresh coriander finely chopped
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- squeeze lemon juice
- salt and black pepper to season
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon tabasco or chili sauce
- Heat the butter in a saucepan and saute the garlic and mushrooms for a few minutes. Set aside.
- For the pico de gallo salsa, simply combine the finely chopped tomato with the coriander, onion and lemon juice. Season.
- Simply arrange the open wrap with lettuce, tomato, carrot, corn, sauteed mushroom, cheese and pico de gallo.
- Mix the mayonnaise with the chilli sauce and top the wrap with generous amounts.