I am such a sucker for a delicious snack, how about you guys? I really hope so, because I am sharing a mouthwatering recipe for a Mushroom Paté and Roasted Tomato Snack Stack today. Easy, carefree and versatile snacking for any occasion – with this topping inspiration and your loved ones of course. When it comes to entertaining, you know Bakers has your back…
Bakers Top This
I was asked to develop a recipe with the amazing range of Bakers Savoury Biscuits. Not only is this Mushroom Paté and Roasted Tomato the BEST topping combo (in my opinion), there are also loads of exciting and mouthwatering toppings YOU can add to your best-loved Bakers Biscuit.
I decided to use:
Bakers Provita Wholewheat Crispbread,
Bakers Provita Ancient Grains Crispbread (my favourite),
Bakers Salticrax with Black Pepper,
and Bakers Salticrax with Mediterranean Herbs, for this recipe.
Keep an eye out because soon, there might just be a new sneaky dessert recipe in the mix…
Once You Start You Can’t Stop
This is true! I have such fond memories of the Bakers Provita range. Way back, when I was still a youngster, my Mom used to stock up on Bakers Provita (they have been around for ages.) It was her snack staple and I remember she always topped hers with a spread of butter, mature cheddar cheese and pickles! A word of warning though…Once you start it’s pretty impossible to stop snacking on these delicious morsels.
This Mushroom Paté recipe is a keeper. I decided to use dried porcini mushrooms, simply soaked in some boiling water, for the extra umami flavour it adds to this dish. Saute some onion, garlic, chili, thyme and portobello mushrooms, and blend to make the mushroom paté. Followed by cream cheese, seasoning and lemon juice – it sure doesn’t get better than this.
Construct your Bakers Snack Stack
Slow roasted cherry tomatoes make for a great addition to these snack stacks. The sweet tomatoes just bring ALL of this amazingness together – you can never go wrong with them red beauties. Top with micro herbs or sprouts, and you are ready to start stacking yours sky high…
Which Bakers Biscuit is your favourite? Follow along on social media #BakersTopThis and let me know if you try out the recipe. Remember to tag me on social media @aninasrecipes if you do! Happy snacking!
*Thank you to Bakers, for sponsoring this post
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||25 min|
- 50 gr dried porcini mushrooms covered with boiling water
- 15 ml olive oil
- 1 small brown onion finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- fresh thyme leaves
- 250 gr portobello mushrooms finely chopped
- 150 gr cream cheese
- juice from half a lemon
- 200 gr cherry tomatoes
- 15 ml olive oil
- 15 ml balsamic vinegar
- 8 biscuits Bakers Provita Ancient Grain Crispbread
- 8 biscuits Bakers Provita Wholewheat Crispbread
- 8 biscuits Bakers Salticrax with Black Pepper
- 8 biscuits Bakers Salticrax with Mediterranean Herbs
- sprouts or micro herbs to serve
- First, cover the dried porcini mushrooms with hot water and leave to steep for 5 - 7 minutes.
- Next, in a saucepan, heat the olive oil and saute the onion, garlic, chili, thyme and portobello mushrooms.
- Cook until the mushrooms are dry, for about 10 minutes. Leave to cool.
- In the meantime, place the cherry tomatoes in an oven safe pan, drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and roast in the oven until soft and blistered, for about 15 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Once the mushroom mixture is cooled, transfer it to your blender.
- Add the porcini mushrooms, but drain them first. Keep the liquid to add to your blender if your mixture is too dry.
- Blend the mixture until fine and combined.
- Transfer your paté to a mixing bowl, add the cream cheese, lemon juice and seasoning. Mix well. Keep stored in the fridge until use.
- To assemble your Bakers snack stack, take your Baker biscuits and top them with paté, then the roasted tomatoes, then top with your micro herbs or sprouts.
- Play around with your stack and see how high you can go! Enjoy!