I couldn’t wait to share this easy and (no words can really describe it) AWESOME recipe of Coconut and Parmesan Crumbed Mushrooms!
Think delicious low carb, crunchy goodness with the addition of a sweet and tangy tartar sauce to enjoy for a snack while your friends crack open the drinks next to the pool. Perfection!
How To make Low Carb Crumbed Mushrooms
These Crumbed Mushrooms turned out so crispy and delicious and not hard at all! Firstly, get your whisked egg, desiccated coconut and grated parmesan ready in mixing bowls. Then get those shrooms washed and cleaned. You can remove the stalks if you like. Get dunking!
Next, dip the mushrooms in the egg, then the coconut and parmesan to coat all sides. Shallow fry in some oil until the mushrooms are golden and crispy. Lastly, mix your tangy tartar sauce for some dipping action and serve immediately.
How easy are these really? Best of all about this snack is the crunch when you bite into it.
Now that I think of it, these crispy bites can be served as a side as well. I am thinking it would go well with other summery salads and of course, the perfect crunchy element to soups!
Good for You Low Carb Crumbed Mushrooms
Not only is this recipe low carb, but mushrooms are so good for you! Low calorie, low fat, low sodium with plenty of nutritious benefits especially if they are organically grown. Therefore always look for the best quality fresh produce with little to no use of pesticides. Love that whole food life!
More Recipes to try with Mushrooms:
Mushroom Paté and Roasted Tomato Snack Stack
Crustless Chicken, Bacon and Mushroom Quiche
Paprika Beef, Tomato and Mushroom Stew
Mushroom and Spinach Cauliflower Pilau
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||15 min|
- 300 gr button mushrooms stalks removed
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 large eggs whisked
- 1 1/2 cups grated parmesan
- 1 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup fresh parlsey chopped fine
- salt and black pepper to season
- oil for shallow frying
- 2 cups low carb mayonnaise
- 4 gherkins grated fine
- 4 drops tabasco sauce
- squeeze fresh lemon juice
- fresh parsley to garnish
- First off, rinse the mushrooms and set aside.
- Transfer the flour into a bowl and set aside, as well as the egg. Mix the parmesan, coconut, parsley and seasoning in another bowl, set aside.
- Heat the oil until hot.
- Dip the damp mushrooms in the flour, then cover with egg and lastly cover with coconut and parmesan crumbs.
- Shallow fry until golden brown. Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
- For the tartar sauce; combine the mayonnaise, grated gherkins, Tabasco and lemon juice. Mix well and refrigerate.
- Serve crumbed mushrooms with tartar sauce and garnish with chopped parsley.