I just love breakfasts. Ok, I’m lying. I just love brunch. Guys, because when it comes to lazy weekdays, I barely only wake up after breakfast time. Therefore, this recipe of Potato Rosti with Smoked Salmon and Boiled Egg is the perfect weekend brunch recipe, by far.
I think you can make the most delicious breakfasts right at home, sometimes it turns out better than actually going out for breakfast – and if you are able to make a good cup of coffee, even better. I’ll rather spend my time in the kitchen IN my pajamas making brunch for my people…
Just to let you guys know, I am not a big fan of smoked salmon. I prefer salmon to be straight up fresh and I might be a bit obsessed with sushi at the moment – I don’t think it’s a bad thing!
In this recipe the smoked salmon goes exceptionally well with a crispy potato rosti topped with a perfectly good boiled egg. Add a little sweet mustard sauce to the mix and your brunch is sorted.
One thing is for sure, potato rosti is an excellent versatile ‘ingredient’ that is perfect for a breakfast or a brunch. You can do the normal crispy bacon with caramelized onion here, topped with a poached egg. It surely takes breakfast to the next level. Check out this Mother’s day Brunch I posted last week – perfect for a lazy weekend. Enjoy!
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||15 min|
- 2 large potatoes peeled
- salt and black pepper to season
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large eggs
- water for boiling
- 200 gr smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill finely chopped
- sweet mustard sauce to serve
- cherry tomatoes to garnish
- First off, roughly grate the potato into a large mixing bowl on a kitchen towel.
- Press hard to drain all the moisture from the potatoes.
- Transfer it to the mixing bowl, add the melted butter, and mix it through. Season.
- Heat the olive oil on medium heat in a pan and arrange the grated potato into discs, leave to cook until golden brown and crispy – turn it over to do the other side.
- It takes a few minutes each side to ensure it is cooked. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, add the eggs to a pot and cover with hot water.
- Bring to a boil and set the timer to 5 minutes for perfect boiled eggs. After cooking, drain and carefully remove the shell.
- Arrange the potato rosti on a platter topped with salmon, fresh dill and half a boiled egg.
- Serve with tomatoes and sweet mustard sauce.