My Kitchen. My sanctuary, my outlet, my space…
It’s like having my very own shrink at home. Sounds cheesy? It probably is…
When I spend time in my kitchen (that’s only big enough for me and my curious toddler) I kind of feel special in a way. It is here where I spend most of my time cooking for clients, my blog, my son, my husband and I, and sometimes I just like being there.
Even if I don’t have any cooking to do, I find myself countless times in my kitchen, leaning on the counter, flipping through magazines or just standing there, picturing a beautiful lemon meringue pie or a pot of boiling magic waiting to be transformed into a comforting meal.
I find security there, amongst the appliances and utensils that make up Aninas’ Kitchen. Some stuff in my kitchen might be inadequate, some totally priceless that makes cooking even more special to me.
And the more time I spent in my kitchen, the more I know that I was born to do this.
This recipe of Spicy Chicken and Pasta Salad came about when I was looking for a different way of combining chicken with pasta. Originally this recipe was all about the pasta, the spicy sauce that contains crunchy green pepper and onion, with the base of tomato and curry. I added grilled chicken strips to make this an easy weekday meal.
It’s the type of meal I would eat any time of day. It’s the type of meal that I can picture you dishing out to your family tonight. Tasty and simple. Yet made with total love and dedication.
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||10 min|
- 4 chicken breast fillets sliced into strips
- 15 ml olive oil
- salt and pepper to season
- chicken spice to season
- 500 gr fusilli pasta
- water to boil pasta
- 180 gr white sugar
- 1 tablespoon curry powder/garam masala
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 green pepper finely chopped
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- First off, heat the olive oil in a wok, and brown the chicken strips until done. Season with salt, pepper and spices. Set aside to cool.
- Then, get your water for the pasta boiling, add pasta, give it a good stir and cook until al dente.
- Transfer the cooked pasta to a colander and rinse with cold water, transfer again to a large mixing bowl.
- In another mixing bowl add the sugar, curry, onion, green pepper, tomato sauce, vinegar and oil. Mix until incorporated.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked pasta and stir.
- Add the chicken pieces and stir, season with salt and pepper.