And it is Tuesday! Again…Time sure flies when you are having fun, hey!
And I welcome you all to today’s recipe of easy Spicy Chicken Spaghetti. Yes peeps, you have come to the right place if you were looking for a quick and simple Tuesday (or any other day of the week) dinner idea! Have I mentioned how quick this is?
Get your pots out, settle the family down; you can do all this in a few minutes. Spicy Chicken Spaghetti is a damn tasty meal, given that you use some of my favourite flavor combinations in this dish – chilli, garlic, tomato, cream, chicken, spaghetti. Yes please!
Yes it is that easy. If you have a little more time on your hands and you happen to have a pasta maker, let’s use it for a change, shall we? Nothing like homemade spaghetti for the family!
This dish really is simple isn’t it? If you like you can add other ingredients like mushrooms or olives – pasta can never taste bad, seriously! Enjoy!
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||20 min|
- 400 gr uncooked spaghetti
- 15 ml olive oil
- 4 chicken breast fillets chopped in pieces
- 1 teaspoon chicken spice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 bird eye chili chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 can chopped and peeled tomatoes
- 125 ml fresh cream
- salt and black pepper to season
- grated parmesan to serve
- Get a pot, fill with hot water, add 2 teaspoons of salt and boil pasta until al dente.
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan, and brown chicken fillet pieces – season with spices.
- Remove chicken from the pan, add another glug of oil, sauté the garlic, chili and dried herbs for a few minutes. Add can of tomatoes, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Blend until smooth in a food processor and transfer it back to the pan.
- Add cream and simmer for a few minutes more on medium heat.
- Lastly mix through the cooked chicken and cooked spaghetti, give it a good mix and serve with grated parmesan and season with salt and pepper.