Winter is here to stay, and for #MeatFreeMonday I have prepared a simple and easy Spicy Sweet Potato and Leek Soup to share with you today. Simple, spicy, easy, meat free. Key words people.
And guess what guys, this Sweet Potato and Leek soup is low carb and vegan!! Choose to enjoy it with a slice of sourdough or simply just enjoy it straight up. These kind of recipes are great to get some vegetarian goodness into your body, so have a look at this Spinach and Leek Soup if you need some dark leafy veg in your life.
Not only is this sweet potato soup budget friendly – because we are all thinking twice about that grocery bill – yeah, life is though. This soup can also be frozen by the pounds to enjoy as a comforting work lunch. No fuss!
Go on, save this recipe to warm up with later in the week, cause it is freezing out there. A delicious blend of sauteed garlic and leeks, chili, turmeric and cayenne pepper with creamy sweet potato served with avocado and sprouts. Goodness in a bowl.
|Prep Time||5 min|
|Cook Time||20 min|
- 15 ml olive oil
- 3 leeks cut into rings
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 2 bird eye chili finely chopped
- 3 ml ground turmeric
- 5 ml cayenne pepper
- salt and black pepper to season
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 4 large sweet potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 avocado to serve
- sprouts to serve
- First off in a saucepan, heat the olive oil and saute the leeks, garlic, onion, chili, and spices. Season.
- Deglaze the pan by adding the stock, and then add the sweet potatoes.
- Add more water if you wish. Cook until vegetables are soft.
- Add the ingredients to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve with avocado and sprouts and extra seasoning if needed.
Low Carb and Vegan.