It is all about breakfasts this week at Aninas Recipes HQ – (that’s just a fancy word for ‘in my kitchen’, don’t be fooled). If you caught these Zucchini, Pea and Mint Fritters on Monday, you will love today’s recipe of Strawberry Flapjacks with Maple Syrup.
And I might be slightly obsessed with stacking everything I shoot…
It is my first recipe column for the Hello Joburg Mag, a magazine that focuses on the happenings in Jozi town, all about entertainment and the whats what in our gorgeous city.
This recipe of Strawberry Flapjacks with Maple Syrup is a perfect lazy weekend breakfast idea. With a great cup of coffee, some good company, maybe a hangover or two, these pancakes will seem more like a treat than a breakfast…
An easy flapjack recipe that consists of a pancake batter, smothered in fresh chopped strawberries, baked to perfection and served with freshly whipped cream, more strawberries and decadent maple syrup.
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||15 min|
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- squeeze lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 large eggs
- 300 gr strawberries chopped
- fresh strawberries to garnish
- whipped cream to serve
- maple syrup to serve
- In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- In another mixing bowl combine the milk, lemon juice, butter and eggs.
- Now add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine until just incorporated. Add the strawberries, and mix through.
- Heat a non stick pan on medium heat, and scoop the batter, shaping disks with your spoon.
- Allow to cook until the top of the flapjacks starts to bubble. Flip it over to cook on the other side.
- Serve with whipped cream, strawberries and maple syrup.
The batter might look lumpy when mixed, but don't stress too much, as it cooks the lumps will disappear.