Are all of you ready to bake some delicious All Bran Rusks? Believe me, this All Bran Rusk recipe is SOOOO easy, you would want to jump straight in!
The Best All Bran Rusks
I am truly blessed with wonderful childhood memories of my mom and gran baking together in the kitchen. The aromas of good old Coffee Cookies and the myriad of other “koekies” filling the tins for the festive holidays. Rainy days always called for cinnamon and sugar Pannekoek or mouthwatering South African Curry and Rice.
And of course, last but not least, the everyday baking of All Bran Rusks for breakfast, tea or simply as a comforting treat before bedtime. No surprise then, that today I am sharing my moms fool proof, South African All Bran Rusk recipe – the BEST (and easiest) rusks full of bran goodness.
How to make All Bran Rusks
This All Bran recipe is quick, simple and doesn’t need any time to rise as it is a yeast free rusk recipe.
The best best BEST of all is that this rusks recipe uses every day pantry ingredients. You might even be ready to whip out a batch right now. No Jokes! I can vouch that this recipe is not only delicious (and a hit with the kids) but also wholesome in its ingredients.
Firstly prep and measure out your ingredients before you start. Make sure your butter is soft and eggs are at room temperature. You will need the usual baking ingredients like butter, sugar, eggs and salt.
This rusks recipe uses self raising flour and crushed Kelloggs All Bran flakes.
Finally, some full cream milk are used to incorporate the wet and dry ingredients, before baking.
All Bran Rusks Baking Tips:
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius before baking.
- This batch fills two baking trays with dimensions of 280mm x 330mm.
- Press the dough down firmly, about 15mm thick to give space to rise.
- Cut the rusks before you bake it, this makes it easier to remove afterwards.
- Rusks need to dry out overnight (or for at least 7 hours) in the oven at a low temperature of 100 degrees Celsius.
- One batch of All Bran Rusk recipe makes 2 kg rusks. Store rusks an airtight container for up to one month.
More Baking recipes with Pantry Ingredients: