Unfortunately, time is the one thing money can’t buy and when we don’t have lots of it, our lives kind of becomes one big race to obtain more of it. Geez, that sounds depressing, doesn’t it. Trying to fit all our commitments and responsibilities into one day is more or less impossible, not to mention trying to find time to cook proper meals for the family.
Luckily, this recipe of Chicken and Cauliflower Pilaf, comes to be quite handy in the quick-and-easy-feed-the-crowds department.
It might look a bit bleak, but it surely doesn’t disappoint when it comes to flavor and goodness.
Cauliflower gets grated and sauteed in a delicious curry spice blend with butter and onion. Then you simply add grilled chicken breasts, give it a good mix, add cashews and fresh coriander. Simple, delicious and most important of all – quick. It also scores a few extra points in the low carb department.
How versatile is cauliflower? This is also a great way to serve your cauliflower rice, by spicing it up with a few extra flavorings. Replace the cauliflower with basmati rice if you are not keen to have veggies, you can saute the rice with your spices, cover with water and cook until done. Have a good one!
|Prep Time||5 min|
|Cook Time||20 min|
- 15 ml olive oil
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- chicken spice to season chicken
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion chopped fine
- 5 ml ground cumin
- 5 ml ground coriander
- 2 ml ground turmeric
- 5 ml garam masala
- 2 whole star anise
- 1 head cauliflower grated
- handful raw cashew nuts to serve
- few slices of clementines to serve
- fresh coriander to serve
- In a grill pan, heat the olive oil, grill the chicken breasts until they are cooked and season. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the butter and saute the onion until translucent.
- Add the spices and cauliflower, and saute for a few minutes until all the flavorings are incorporated.
- Cut the chicken into pieces and add it to the pan with the cauliflower, saute for a few minutes and mix it through.
- Serve the pilaf with fresh coriander, cashews and clementine segments, remove the star anise before dishing up.