Today, I would love to share this awesome savoury snack platter idea for your next get together with your friends. During the time I did catering for corporate clients, it became clear that loads of people enjoyed good old savoury snacks that reminds them of an original “tuisnywerheid” type vibe. This is it.
You can totally replace some items with your own tried and tested savoury bites, however I find the combination of doughy and meaty bites, makes for a pretty good crowdpleaser.
Here is what you can find on my Savory Snack Platter:
Vegetable Spring Rolls – I use store bought and deep fry them before serving to ensure they keep that lovely crunch.
Asparagus Tartlets – which I will be sharing the recipe for today.
I used a mixture of tomato sauce, chutney and mayonnaise for the dipping sauce and garnished my platter with shredded lettuce and cherry tomatoes.
I hope you get to impress your guests with one or more of these amazing savory bites, perfect for any party or event!
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||10 min|
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tin asparagus spears drained and chopped
- 3/4 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- salt and black pepper to season
- In a mixing bowl combine the butter, eggs, flour, baking powder and water. Mix well until you have a soft flexible dough.
- Press the dough into cocktail sized pie tins, and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine all the ingredients for the filling and mix well.
- Add spoonfuls of filling into the prepared pie tins, no need to blind bake.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 10 - 13 minutes until set and golden.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool.
I started my own business however I’m looking to buy frozen platter snacks at cost can you please assist.
I don’t want to buy from the local shops because they already have a mark-up on their goods.