Guys, I think my hubby jinxed spring. He was just saying last week how lovely the weather has been and even went as far as saying that ‘we won’t have more cold weather, for sure’ – and BOOM. Rain, wind, cold and dreary weather graced us with their presence this past weekend. I won’t be chatting to him about the weather soon…
So before we get all riled up about the seasons, I’m pretty ready for summer. And this delicious, summery salad can attest to that.
I am craving all kinds of freshness the last week so I am glad to share this easy recipe of Crumbed Chicken Salad with Bacon and Sun Dried Tomato Relish. A pretty decent meal and absolutely delightful – I can see how this might become a regular at the dinner table this summer.
If you don’t feel like going through the trouble of crumbing the chicken breasts, you can just fry them in butter with some spices to add to the salad. One thing you should not miss out on though, is the Bacon and Sun Dried Tomato Relish – an accompaniment that will definitely brighten up any meal.
If you are following a low carb diet, you can substitute the panko breadcrumbs with desiccated coconut – as I’ve done with these Pork Schnitzel with Mushroom Gravy. I like adding fresh herbs to my crumbs as well – try your own combinations and let me know what you think! Enjoy!
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||15 min|
- 2 chicken breast fillets pounded flat
- 2 large eggs whisked
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- salt and black pepper to season
- oil for frying
- 125 gr bacon diced
- 3/4 cups sun dried tomato chopped fine
- 2 cups leafy greens
- 1/2 cup cucumber ribbons
- Heat some oil in a saucepan, and give the breadcrumbs, coconut flour and seasoning a good mix in a mixing bowl.
- Dip the chicken breasts in egg and transfer to the crumb mix. Cover the chicken breast with crumbs.
- Shallow fry the breasts in hot oil, turning over as it turns golden, until done.
- Allow to rest on paper towel, while frying the bacon bits until crispy in another frying pan.
- Combine the crispy bacon with sun dried tomato.
- Assemble the salad by arranging the green leaves on a salad plate, followed by cucumber ribbons and crumbed chicken breasts. Serve with relish.