Try this great recipe if you are really strung out on ideas to prepare fish. Healthy eating can be challenging when you need to produce marvelous dishes out of fish and chicken every time.
This recipe produces a flaky and buttery baked hake fillet, with lovely soft and juicy potato slices and onion cooked to perfection in an herbed butter sauce. No need to add a side dish of starch, your potatoes is already in there! Just add a lovely green salad or some grilled veggies to your plate and there you go!
Hake with potato and onion delivers a fresh flavor that compliments each other beautifully. I used thyme (because it was the only herb I had,) but any herb combination will make this dish great. Try a combination of fresh fennel and chives or use basil and thyme together for a more Mediterranean dish. The options are endless!
And of course, all in one oven proof dish! No fuss! Enjoy!
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||20 min|
- 4 hake fillets
- 40 ml butter softened
- salt and black pepper to season
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme chopped
- 4 medium potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 red onions peeled and thinly sliced
- Arrange the pieces of hake in an ovenproof dish.
- Dab with half of the melted butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle half of the herbs over the fish.
- Arrange the sliced potatoes and onion around the fish.
- Top with the remaining butter and herbs.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.