Oats and Coconut Brownies. Doesn’t this just sound absolutely divine?
Let me tell you, these little brownie bites sure scored the votes when I made them for a corporate customers meeting the other day. I just love how my corporate clients know how to sweeten up deals, give the prospective buyers brownies my friend, and it is as good as signed!
They are super easy to make and doesn’t take too long, so you can whip them up in minutes and still have some spare time to, well, I don’t know – read a couple of pages of your favorite book?
Whatever you choose to do in your “me time”, be sure to get a batch of these in the oven asap, and surprise a friend for tea with these moreish chocolate brownies.
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius, and prepare a small square pan (I used a 19 x 19 cm oven pan) with baking paper.
This recipe makes about 20 small slabs or fingers of Oats and Coconut Brownies. I hope you will be able to try them out some time, and if you do – indulge, enjoy and let me know how they turned out!
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||20 min|
- 130 gr butter softened
- 180 gr brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 25 ml milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- pinch salt
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 3/4 cups instant oats
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- First off, whisk the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the egg and whisk some more. Add the milk and vanilla essence and mix.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Mix until incorporated.
- Add the coconut and oats and mix until just incorporated. Spoon into the oven pan, and bake for 15 – 20 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
- On a double boiler, heat and melt chocolate and milk in a heatproof bowl. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Remove the brownies from the oven, let cool for about 10 minutes, top with melted chocolate and refrigerate until set.
- Sprinkle with pecan nuts and cut into slabs.