I have a very weird connection between food and the weather. When I open the curtains in the morning, other than rather getting back in bed, I am sure I must have an internal function that summons me to the kitchen.
When I see clouds, I can already taste curry – and then the frenzy begins, and it doesn’t stop until my cravings have been satisfied!
Not only is this fragrant Vegetable Curry dish completely carb free, it is also very tasty and comforting. It is easy and simple to prepare and pretty damn healthy as far as veggie dishes goes.
If you want a soup version of this delicious comforting Vegetable Curry – simply add one more tin of coconut milk! It really is as easy as that. This recipe should be enough for two full meals, with a little leftover for the lunchbox. Enjoy!
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||15 min|
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 bird eye chili finely chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 1 tin chopped and peeled tomatoes
- 1 butterut peeled and cut into pieces
- 4 zucchini chopped
- 1/2 cauliflower head cut into florets
- 1/2 broccoli head cut into florets
- salt and black pepper to season
- fresh coriander to serve
- In a cast iron pot, heat the butter and sauté the ginger, chillies and onion until translucent. Add the spices and mix.
- Add the coconut milk and tomato can, the vegetables and season with salt and black pepper.
- Cover and leave to cook until the vegetables are soft.
- Serve with basmati rice, fresh coriander and a dollop of full cream greek yogurt.