Breakfasts don’t always have to be about bacon and eggs. Right? Right?
It has become the normal routine around here each morning and I don’t mind it at all. Not even a bit.
But sometimes, I want something a little more. This recipe of Zucchini, Pea and Mint Fritters is exactly that. A little extra nutrition goes a long way, and this recipe is super easy and quick, low carb and the perfect addition to the fry up.
It consists of grated zucchini, peas and fresh herbs, shallow fried and served with a poached egg and roasted tomatoes. Breakfast is served!
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||15 min|
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup peas
- handful mint chopped
- handful parsley chopped
- salt and black pepper
- 3/4 cups parmesan
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- oil to shallow fry
- 1 large egg
- extra flour to shape fritters
- poached eggs to serve
- roasted tomatoes to serve
- First off, drain the grated zucchini by pressing it firmly in a cheesecloth, or you can just use your hands, to remove excess moisture.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the zucchini, peas, herbs, parmesan, flour and egg. Mix well.
- Heat the olive oil in a cast iron pot, use the extra flour to shape the fritters and shallow fry until brown and crisp.
- Drain on kitchen paper. Serve with a poached egg and roasted tomatoes.
Share this Recipe