I don’t know if you like chorizo as much as I do. I literally used it in three different dishes on one day. I kid you not. This popular spicy sausage from Spanish and Portuguese origin gets its dark red colour from smoked red peppers, and gives an amazing, deep smoky taste to the sausage. It is also spiced with paprika and chilli peppers.
You will often spot it on Spanish tapas menus and makes a great addition to the ever favorite paella. I got my stash from the team over at Biltong@za, yes, they stock it, and I have to say that it’s one of the best tasting chorizo sausage I ever had. Check out their website here.
So back to this recipe of Chorizo and Sweet Potato Wraps with Mint and Yogurt dressing – it consists of grilled chorizo sausage and roasted sweet potato in a wholewheat wrap smothered in a tangy mint and yogurt dressing.
First off, the sweet potato and spicy sausage are a match made in heaven. Second, the addition of mint to this meal finishes it off, with a fresh tone after the spice. Finally, you got to make it tonight!
Not only is this a mouthwatering recipe, it is also pretty simple and fuss free, making dinner time in our house the best time of day. Be sure to pop in at your Biltong@za store today!
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||40 min|
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 200 gr chorizo sausage sliced
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 30 ml olive oil to roast sweet potatoes
- salt and black pepper
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- handful chopped mint
- 1/2 lemon juice retained
- 4 wholewheat wraps
- First off, heat a drizzle of olive oil in a gill pan – I used a wok. When the oil is hot, add the slices of chorizo and fry for a few minutes.
- Arrange the sweet potato in an oven safe baking tray and roast for 40 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius until soft.
- Mix the yogurt, mint and lemon juice and set aside.
- Arrange the wraps on plates, add chorizo and sweet potato and add spoonful of yogurt dressing.
I made these with red potatoes instead of sweet and they were delicious.