Jumping in with another nutritious soup recipe today, and this time around it is a Vegan Spinach and Broccoli Coconut Soup. We just can’t have enough soup recipe inspiration, right? So versatile, so healthy and totally freezable, this soup is one for the weekly meal plan – so get cooking!
Eat your Greens
I wanted to combine the powerful green goodness from both spinach and broccoli, in this easy soup recipe. Spinach, packed with iron, vitamin K, Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Vitamin B2, all of which helps the function of red blood cells. The broccoli ensures you get folic acid, potassium, fiber, vitamins K and C – which builds collagen and is a powerful antioxidant agent.
Double up on this Vegan Soup
This soup recipe is completely plant-based and vegan-friendly. You can replace the coconut milk with dairy cream if you are more into the low carb, high-fat lifestyle. You can also add your choice of fresh herbs, although I found fresh basil to be a perfect addition that adds a little sweetness to the dish. Then make sure to double up when you cook this recipe and freeze the leftovers of soup in portions for up to two months. (I know how busy your life is.)
If you are looking for more incredibly easy, vegan soup recipes then you should have these on standby:
Butternut and Turmeric Glow Soup
Minestrone and Zucchini Noodle Soup
Roasted Vegetable and Coconut Milk Soup
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||30 min|
- 1 large onion peeled and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 5 cm fresh ginger grated
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 head broccoli stalks removed
- 2 cups spinach
- handful fresh basil
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion, garlic and ginger with the coconut oil, until soft and fragrant.
- Add the stock and coconut milk.
- Add the spinach and broccoli and simmer on medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Transfer the soup to your blender, add the basil and blend until smooth. Season and serve.