Easy Veggie Mini Pizzas is the perfect hand-held snack for the veggie lovers, served with a creamy guacamole for dipping.
First of all, let us just take a moment for these very nifty mini rotis I picked up at my local grocery store. They caught my eye immediately and it was a no brainer – I had to have them for this recipe. These Easy Veggie Mini Pizzas is a perfect, healthy quick dinner that the whole family would enjoy. All your favourite vegetarian pizza vibes in one bite!
How To Make Pizzas with Rotis
Other than the obvious use of rotis with a saucy curry, it is ALSO great to use as a pizza base. Not only does these mini rotis make an incredibly versatile crispy base for almost any topping, it is also great to make tacos. Very versatile indeed! You can bulk up on these as they last pretty long in a freezer too. Win!
All you need is a few mini rotis, a spread of homemade tomato sauce, delicious roasted veggies and a few slices of fresh mozzarella to make these Mini Veggie Pizzas. Simply place the rotis in a hot oven for a minute to crisp up a little before you add the toppings. Then pop it back in the oven to melt the cheese to perfection.
What kind of Vegetables are good for a Veggie Pizza
I often use whatever veggies I have on the day as I really dislike wasting much. First get your onion ready to make a quick caramelised onion relish. Next roast the broccoli and cauliflower, sliced carrots and pumpkin with fresh rosemary and thyme. Any leftover roasted veggies works great for this Veggie Mini Pizzas too. Top it with a few slices of fresh mozzarella or plant based cheese.
Homemade Tomato Sauce Base for Pizza
You simply cannot make a homemade pizza without a good base of spicy tomato sauce. This version is made from scratch using clean, whole ingredients. The best way to live! Furthermore, this homemade tomato sauce is packed with hidden veggies that no one would ever know of! Simply roast an array of fresh tomatoes with garlic, celery, carrots, zucchini and onion. Check out the full recipe here.
What to Serve with Easy Veggie Mini Pizzas
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||40 min|
- 1 onion sliced
- 15 ml olive oil
- 30 ml balsamic vinegar
- 100 gr broccoli florets
- 100 gr cauliflower florets
- 100 gr diced pumpkin
- 100 gr sliced carrots
- 15 ml olive oil to drizzle over veggies
- fresh rosemary to add to the roasting tray
- fresh thyme to add to the roasting tray
- 60 ml homemade tomato sauce or any other tomato relish to use as base
- 50 gr fresh buffalo mozzarella sliced
- First off, heat the olive oil in a pan and saute the onions until translucent, to make a yummy caramelised onion.
- Add a bit of water, turn up the heat and fry the onions until brown and dry. Add the balsamic vinegar, lower the heat and cook until soft and caramelised. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, add the veggies to a roasting tray and drizzle with olive oil. Place a few sprigs of herbs in there too, and roast until soft for about 40 min at 190 degrees Celcius.
- Once you have all your elements ready, simply pop the rotis in a baking tray straight to the hot oven for about a minute to crisp up a little.
- Remove from the oven and spread with homemade tomato sauce (see recipe above in write up) or any other tomato sauce or relish you wish.
- Next top with roasted veggies and sliced mozzarella.
- Grill for another 5 minutes until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately.