This Summer Salsa recipe cannot come at a better time! Another beautiful summer season has graced our presence here in South Africa. Aaaah summer. How I love thee. Over and above the lazy weekends lounging next to the pool, sipping icy bubbly drinks, flip flops and dungarees – there is something else I am giddy about with the turning season. FOOD!
Look, the last thing I want to do on a hot summer’s day is cook. Everyone knows this. So when it comes to quick and easy summer meals, I go the snack route. This Zesty Summer Salsa recipe is exactly what you need in your fridge when the hunger hits. It’s the perfect condiment to serve with crackers, corn chips, tacos, bruschetta, crudites, wraps and more. Gosh I will even eat this on toast. Sounds like my kind of summer vibe…
I decided to choose beautiful fresh, seasonal ingredients for my salsa. You will find tomato, chili, yellow and red peppers, fresh basil, pineapple, garlic and lime in my version. Delicious!
Salsa Made Easy
To make my Summer Salsa dreams come true, I relied on my Tupperware Herb Chopper. Guys, it’s a revelation. This amazing gadget can chop herbs, onions (hell yes), veggies, garlic, fruit, cheese – gosh it’s a MUST have. The blades are super sharp and can cut – get this – 288 extra fine knife cuts in less than 15 seconds. No, it’s not some kind of high tech power machine. No power, no batteries – simply pull the cord a few times and you are done!
If you don’t have a nifty gadget like this one, don’t despair. You can easily manage with your usual processor. I’ve kept my Summer Salsa in a consol jar, refrigerated for up to two weeks. Tip: it only gets better with time!
I would love to know what your favourite summer recipes are! Get in touch in the comments down below, and don’t forget to tag me on Social Media #aninasrecipes @aninasrecipes if you tried any of my recipes! Enjoy!
*Thank you to Tupperware for gifting me the Herb Chopper
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||0 min|
- 200 gr rosa tomatoes
- 2 bird eye chili or more if you like it hot
- 100 gr pinapple peeled and cored
- 200 gr yellow pepper
- 200 gr red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- handful fresh basil
- 1 juice from one lime
- salt and black pepper to season
- Place all the ingredients in your food processor and pulse until you have a chunky salsa consistency.
- If you are using the Tupperware Herb Chopper, pack a few of the ingredients in the chopper until full. Pull the cord a couple of times to chop.
- Transfer the salsa to a glass bowl, and repeat above process with the remainder of the ingredients.
- Keep sealed in a glass jar for up to two weeks. Enjoy as a condiment.