This recipe of Creamy Chicken Bake can not be easier! Am I saying that about all my recipes? Because I feel like I’m repeating myself here constantly. But serious, it IS a super easy recipe. Especially when you have reached the end of your what-to-make-for-dinner list.
Quick and Easy Creamy Chicken Bake
Chicken has probably been dinner’s saving grace since forever. I’m not even sure there is a more versatile protein than chicken. Subsequently, this chicken dinner recipe will save you loads of time and effort.
So this recipe is one of those special little keepers when it comes to running a household during those crazy, work infested months. It’s an easy (I said it again), delicious one pot meal that can feed an entire army if you want.
How To Make a Creamy Chicken Bake, with pasta noodles and white sauce
This recipe calls for easy-to-prepare shredded chicken. Leftover rotisserie or roast chicken is obviously the way to go. You can also poach a few chicken breasts and shred them afterwards.
Next up I used cooked shell noodles in the dish but any pasta works great. Combine the shredded chicken and pasta with some mayonnaise and natural yogurt.
Finally top it with with a creamy, peppery béchamel sauce and crushed potato chips. Bake it in the oven until bubbly.
Two bowls for me please!
Comforting Chicken and Pasta Bake
Sure it might not be the healthiest meal on the planet, but it surely rates as my top comforting meal, for when I need it. Best of all, since you can make a whole catering tray of this in one go, it freezes perfectly. Now you can just reach for the freezer after rushing around for fifty hours straight. Dinner in no time!
Other Easy Chicken Dinner Recipes
Chicken, Vegetable and Noodle Soup
Moroccan Roast Chicken with Couscous Stuffing
Roast Chicken in Garlic, Chilli and Cream
Spaghetti with Chicken, Mushrooms and Zucchini
Chicken, Mushroom and Thyme Pie
Chicken with Tomato and Chorizo sauce on Couscous
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||30 min|
- 4 chicken breast fillets cooked, and shredded
- 2 cups pasta shells uncooked
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup natural yogurt
- salt and black pepper to season
- 80 gr butter
- 3/4 cups flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 2 small packets chips/crisps any flavour will do
- Cook your shell noodles or any pasta you like, until al dente.
- In an oven proof dish, mix the shredded chicken with the cooked pasta, mayonnaise and season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium sized saucepan melt the butter, remove from heat, add the flour, mix, return to heat and add the milk while whisking like a mad person until the sauce thickens and starts boiling.
- Season with salt and black pepper, add the parmesan, give it another whisk and top the chicken, pasta and mayo mixture.
- Add the crushed chips and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes.
Use store bought rotisserie chicken for a quick meal.
It sounds delicious except for the 2 cups mayonnaise? I don’t think I have ever seen a recipe with so much mayo in it?? Would it not be possible for example to make it 1 cup mayo and 1 cup greek yoghurt? I am sure it will taste as good?